December 12, 2005

A new Barfuss Tradition?


Well, this year I started a new tradition, I hope. Kaye Baugh made 4 trees out of fabric for me, from my design. There are 24 ornaments out of fabric with rings under them. Here's how it will work if my children want to participate. Each family will send 1 small present to every member in the family. They will mail them so they arrive before November 30th. The family who gets the gifts will then tie them on to their tree on November 30 and hand it up. Then each day throughout the month of December 1 person from each family will open a present from someone who loves them. This will hopefully help us love and appreciate all the good times we have had together and help us focus more on the love at Christmas instead of over spending on presents for each other. If you like the idea please comment in the comments. This year I provided all 24 presents for everyone,I bought too big of presents so I had to modify how to attach them. I think it would be better to make sure the presents were small. Next year if we continue the tradition I will send my 1 present per person and them make up the rest for each family. For example: Max's family will get: sally-4, nick-4, and us-4; equaling 12, I would then send 12 to make it 24. Here is a photo of our tree with the presents (sent by Dad & Kaye). I love the idea and hope you do too!

1 comment:

  1. We love your Christmas tree full of presents SO MUCH! It is such a good idea! We want to make it a tradition every year. Isis has found sooooo much pleasure from every single toy. Last night he opened the lego and has been playing with it all morning. He carried the jelly bean people around in his pockets for days. He wears his sunnies all the time- he says “its bright, I think I need to put on my sun grasses.” He looooved the little pills that turn into dinosaurs. The gifts have brought happiness and smiles to every day of our Christmas month. I think it’s a great idea. Thankyou so much for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete