January 07, 2012

Nephi follows his father, the Prophet

I made some unique clothes pin & fabric dolls of the family of Lehi.  I used a rock and material for the fire.  I'll tell the story of Lehi and his vision of the destruction of Jerusalem.  Then tell about Laman and Lemuel murmuring and Nephi praying to know what his father saw. 

 As the introductory attention-getter I will have them do a worksheet, I made, about what they will take if they were going on a journey today. It should be a good lesson if I remember to tell the story correctly.
I'm on a creative spree and hope it will continue.  It snowed in Logan finally...only 4 inches but that's better than none. 

If you are not familiar with this Book of Mormon story check out this video or read 1 Nephi 1-2.

4 comments:

  1. Pat...

    When you finally come out here, will you please bring these and do a family home evening with my grand daughters and I?

    Want to talk!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The figures and fire are really cute. It would be a great lesson foryour grandkids. You were always very creative, I remember all theBarbie doll clothes and Betsy Mcall clothes you made for me. I stillhave lots of them. It is really fun to see the things you do. I alwaysseem to be surprised and delighted each and every day. I think of youoften. Hope all is well. love Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. how neat. You're the best. Glad you're being creative still. You always are you know. oxoxoxoxo Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,
    This is absolutely awesome. You ARE on a creative spree. You are creative and so talented. I know where your kids get it from.
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete