March 20, 2011

My Daughter Sally had her baby on Monday March 14,2011

( e-mail message from Andrew)


Hi Everyone,
Samuel Andrew Shumway was born on Monday March 14th at 8:21 am. 8 lbs. and 21.75 inches long.
We are all doing great and enjoying our new little one. The birth was fantastic and little Samuel is welcomed and loved by all his siblings.
Luke and Mabel were at school when he was born which is why they are not in the group photo. But when they came home from school they were very excited!
Lillian, Nell, and Paul were happy to share in the moment with us.
The Labor was quick and easy
We had a lot of help from family and it was a great day!
I got to be there at home with her. I kept the kids entertained while she and Andy did all the work. Afterwards I was the one who made the food to nourish everyone and help with the clean up. The I went back on Friday because Mable came home from school with head lice she got from someone in her class. Again I made the food to nourish and did the washing but Andrew did the de-liceing because he has no hair to pick up the lice.
Best part was I got to hold Samuel for a whole hour while Sally slept.

                 

7 comments:

  1. Mary FarnsworthMonday, 21 March, 2011

    I am so excited for all your family. How many grandkids now? 10? Give my best wishes to Sally.


    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Grandma - What a wonderful thing.

    Thank you for sharing with us. Wish Sally well and tell her we are proud of her and the who;e family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat,
    Such good news. Glad all went well. We have a little grand niece born on the 12th in Washington. Babies are so wonderful. Have another two more on the way in June. You look wonderful, Pat. Love your hair. Take care and thanks for sharing. Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvin FlukingerMonday, 21 March, 2011

    Con grats
    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU - Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon shared the news when we were there VTing. But I am happy to have this good report.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. How wonderful to have a brand new baby in the family. Nothing more precious! I am so happy for her. Wow she will be a busy mom with 6 children. I just got home from Idaho Falls where I got to see and hold my granddaughter Ensley. She is 10 1/2 months and just walked for the first time so it was fun. See you Monday.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete