September 05, 2009

Grandma's Pamper Party & Water Party-Aug. 20 & 21

The week before school started I had two Parties. One for girls and one for boys. Sally's children were sick so after both parties I took it over to her house and had a party for the grandchildren there. Rick had the week off and so he was able to attend too!
The Girl's Pamper Party was bling!
They each got to pick and keep their fingernail polish color. They had a manicure. We then made rings out of purchased ring bases (web site where I got them: http://www.jansjewels.com/other/fring-9.html) and buttons. The photo tells how much fun they had.

The Boy's Water Party was wet!
First we did the limbo under the water from a hose and had a tug-of-war over a sprinkler. We filled water balloons at home then went to the park and used a huge sling shot to see how far we could send them. Next we shot off water rockets. At the end we had pizza for lunch. (I for got to take pictures except when we we home and I only got one of the kids getting Grandpa wet!)

8 comments:

  1. I just had to tell you that you are truly amazing! You come up with the most creative and fun ideas for your grandchildren. You have to be their favorite person to visit! What a grand and extraordinary grandmother you are!

    I never did quite understand why or how you went to Scotland. I loved hearing about your adventures though. I shared them with Tim, my husband, because he went to Scotland on his mission. He loves hearing about places he loved.

    Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL grandmother you are! Your grandchildren and your children are sooooooo blessed to have you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Grandma! What cute ideas you have! As Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "Oh to be seventy again!

    I've had much company. Diane, Carolyn, and Jim (from AK) each had a turn sleeping on the couch and waiting on their broken mom hand and foot. Diane was with me much longer and still comes almost every day. Such blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pat
    It looks liike fun, wished I was there
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, you are so clever - it looks like a lot of fun LoveVivxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so fun. You do the neatest things with your grand children. Makes me want to try harder to do some fun things.
    Thanks
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking of you today. In fact I was thinking that you must be really busy because I haven't heard from you since your trip to Scotland. I see by the cute photos that you have been. How is your daughter doing? The kids look like they had a blast, grandma. You are so neat. I wish you were my grandma, but I will settle with you being my friend, that I can't see very often. But you keep in touch. miss you♥

    ReplyDelete