July 19, 2009

NAME THAT BIRD CONTEST



Hello family,

This is a contest for anyone who want to participate but mostly for the grandchildren. Look at the photo and write me an email...I you do I will bring you back somethong from Scotland.


This morning I got to seen in to 8:00 am. then went on an adventure by mysef. The town ia small with about 6 streets built on a hill side. The warf is busy with lobster fishing. The yards are beautiful so I took a photo (naturally) and include it here.


Then went all got together to attend church. We attended the Methodist church here in Stromness. They had special visitors who participated by singing, violin, or trombone. The minister was a landy and she told the story of feeding the 5,000 by acting as Peter's wife. She said she had a letter from Peter and then read to us what he had said. She made it very relevant to the area we are living in and added lots of laughs.


Then we took off for more photo taking to see the birds, lighthouse, and amazing cliffs. Wonderful day. Now we are getting ready to eat dinner. Love to all...I am counting the short number of days before I leave this dream vacation....but it will be great to see all the family again. xoxox Pat

6 comments:

  1. Mason & NatalieTuesday, 21 July, 2009

    Hey Pat…



    Natalie says they are penguins.



    Mason says they are penguins they saw at Hogle Zoo. Wait… he says they are this kind of birds like penguins.



    We got your postcard yesterday. Thank you! I hope you are having a great time.



    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a puffin to me! I was looking at Ayrshire Scotland for four days last week - the British Open was held there and I thought of you often. Love ya Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Email went down recently and some health problems so am just catching up on what you are doing but still unsure of what it is...looks wonderful though! Your visit in Scotland I believe...what kind of group? I have ancestors from Aberdeen who were tailors and seamstresses.

    Keep good, thanks for including me.
    Love,
    Suz

    PS so great to still have you for a friend and to know life is good to you despite all your family members struggles for health. My gr son in on liver transplant waiting list. His mother Lisa has my son's kidney (which will not last forever, she is at 6 yr survival, five yrs being aver), and two pancreas transplants. It never ends. We talk almost every day...she is so full of common sense...I love being pals with adult kids. Other dau recently divorced won't talk to me, down to 100 lbs.. I have k stone trying to pass

    Keep enjoying and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun vacation you are having!! Wow!! Seems like you have been gone a long time. We are going to be in school though WAY to soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pat! I was thinking about you the other day and thought I needed to get on here and say hi. I hope you had a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete