January 26, 2007

Vitreous Hemorrhage



My latest news is that my retina is pulling away from the back of the eyewall and has ruptured. I have what is called a vitreous hemorrhage. It is a natural part of the aging process I am told.......so not to worry. I am a little bummed...I love to read and this is a little hard to read around. My sight may improve over time as the blood is absorbed! Right now there is no surgery needed but I'll have to keep a watch out for new "floaters" and "flashes" in the future. If things get worse they can give me a simple "in office laser procedure" if I get a tear in the retina. For now all is fine. Everyone has to have opposition in their lives-this is mine!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my........I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Will this turn into a permanent condition? Or will it heal itself over time?

    ReplyDelete