July 04, 2006

Independence Day Traditions.


When I was a young girl we celebrated the 4th Of July by attending a small hometown parade, a carnival at the Farmington School, fireworks at the War Memorial Baseball field, and street dances, downtown, two nights in a row.

When I was a mother we celebrated by attending a small hometown parade, a program & fireworks at the college stadium, and either a picnic or time at the Hyrum beach with a boat.

As a grandma in Utah I hadn't establish any 4 th of July traditions ( my traditions were Halloween, Memorial Day, and Christmas)...but we still went to the parade, attended a patriotic program that Rick was singing at, and went to the fireworks in either Logan or Idaho Falls with my Dad.

This year in Georgia we went to the Stone Mountain Park laser Show. It was HOT even at 10:30 when the festivities ended. I am looking forward to cool evening in Idaho Falls. The show was great and everyone there CHEERED and clapped when the music changed from country to patriotic.

I love this free land I live in and the many opportunities I have because of this freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment