July 10, 2018

My severed finger and healing progress 2018



June 27th
 I was trimming bushes with an electric hedge trimmer. I reached to move a branch or the cord (I can't remember which) and severed my left index finger. It stayed attached and didn't fall off  by a small portion of my fingernail. I grabbed it went inside and rinsed it under cold water and took a peek...determined I need emergency help... wrapped it tightly in a clean cloth... Rick took me to instacare and the Doctor there stitched it up. Here is are photos to document the healing process.

_______________________________________________________________________
July 3rd


________________________________________________________________________
July 12th 
Stitches taken out 
(There is still a lot of black & hard parts, it means the skin is dead and will probably fall off eventually, time will tell if the tissue underneath is "alive" healthy. The positive is the tip is alive and getting blood)


________________________________________________________________________
July 25th

______________________________________________________

August 1 
My skin is cracking and pealing off. It is still swollen and  it is very tender.
 I cut the fingers out of a glove to protect it and so no one has to see it and be grossed out.




________________________________________________________________________________
August 10, 2018
I pealed off all the black dead skin...some spots weren't quite ready. But I'm glad I did. I dead skin was  very tight and was restricting my healing.


 _________________________________________________________________________________
August 30,2010

_________________________________________________________________________________
September 10, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment