October 09, 2011

Lap Quilts

Last December my depression was really driving me to become a social hermit.  So, I ask a friend if she would start a quilt tying club with me.  She did and away we went...my sewing machine broke so she put the first few together.  I got my machine fixed and here are my first five lap quilts and baby quilt to be tied.   We give them to the elderly or new mothers in our Church.  Today we took two quilts to a couple .  They are 92 and 89.  And both cried from happiness.  My life has been less depressed and more enjoyable. I am blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Pat!! Thinking of others and making others happy is always a good happy pill for ones self!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo, Really shows the craftsmanship. Good on you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, but glad you're able to do something so positive about it and that's it's working for you. I guess that's the principle of service. In President Eyring's Sunday morning address at General Conference he spoke about how charity leads to service and when we serve charity becomes a part of our nature. Sounds good.


    All the best with your struggles.


    Love,
    Vivienne
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congradulations on the quilts. They are so pretty. Hope you all feel better. Love, Maja

    ReplyDelete