September 08, 2009

Preston, England Temple




While in Scotland several of wanted to go to England. We wanted to see if there was much difference between the places. So we took a train down to Preston (the suburb it was at is called Chorley) and attended the Temple. Two of us did endowments and 4 did baptisms for the dead. It was one of the most beautiful Temples I've seen. The Celestial room had one whole wall in windows with yellow inlaid glass. When I walked into the Temple I felt, "at home." And when I walked into the Celestial room I felt how I imagined Joseph Smith saw Christ and Heavenly Father. It was so bright it was almost blinding! I LOVED IT!

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL picture of the temple, Pat. This needs to go into the Church magazines. Have you thought about submitting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks!
    love, jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. Am corresponding with h s alum chum who now lives in England and quite fascinated about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks' like you had a good time, It's nice to have all thing's in a Celestial room fill your heart.
    Marvin

    ReplyDelete