September 18, 2007

Phoenix get a feeding tube


I got this information off of Nick's web site...click here to see a video of Phoenix http://www.nickbarfuss.com/browse.asp?Browse=1&Filter=7&Order=0&Page=1&Id=547

Because of Phoenix's Muscular dystrophy, she has no desire to eat (Much like her brother Isis). Because of her eating poor habits we made the decision to get a stomach peg so we could feed her. This video shows cute and sad little phoenix recovering from her peg operation. You can see how hard of a time she is having breathing. She came out of surgery in a very bad way, and me and Jasmine were quite worried. Her heart rate was in the earky 200's for a few days (Very scary...)

Phoenix has since made a full recovery and she is doing great, today (a few minutes before I posted this video) she just wouldn't stop sayin "UH OH!" (Very cute!)
Related Categories

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet angel your family has been blessed with. I often look at children with severe health issues, like Phoenix and Isis, and often remind myself that they are perfect. So perfect in fact that each day they get to hold the hand of our Father in Heaven........I hope she recovers soon and that she continues to teach the world about unabiding love.

    Miss ya lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful little girl. My prayers are with her.
    Much love
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,



    What a little doll. I’m glad to know that she is recovering well. I’m sure it makes it hard to have them so far away.



    I heard from Harley yesterday – 1st letter from the mission field. And then a short email this morning. He is doing well. Lots of new experiences – new state, new companion, new apartment, new at shopping and preparing own food, etc.



    I’ve been so busy still getting all Harley’s stuff straightened out, sending packages, etc. Hope it starts spinning a little slower – and then again I don’t want it to slow down too much for fear of missing him more. But keep me in mind – I’d love to connect soon.



    - Shelly

    ReplyDelete