May 10, 2006

Snellville Days


Last year Rick and I were volunteers @ the Annual Snellville Days, this year we were attendees. Saturday at 10 am we went to a parade..they had two bands, lots of tractors, lots more snazzy cars (both old & new) and clowns & candy , of course. All in all it was small. Two things I found interesting: 1. Around here they stand and clap when the flag goes by, I'm used to standing and placing hand over my heart. 2. As we were walking back to our car I heard two different sets of people say that, "This parade was the best yet."

Next we headed over to the park and walked around the craft booths. Rick got a new idea for his Memorial Day Games guns event and I bought a Christmas present for Max. They also had entertainment on three different stages and a car show.

Then we watched the dogs chase and catch a frisbee.

That night there was a concert in the park in the park with a Nashville singer (man) who is from Snellville, and an up an coming singer/ songwritter (girl) from the next town over, Grayson. Fun day! Wish you had been here to attend with us!

2 comments:

  1. Pat...that sounds a bit like the "town" events we used to go to in Logan. Just "down home" fun. Glad you are doing things like that. Making memories! Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    ReplyDelete