October 25, 2005

The place where I grew up- Sandpoint, Idaho




Today I added a decking company from Sandpoint, Idaho to our magazine's database. It got me thinking about where I grew up. It was a lovely small town and I have LOTS of fun memories at the beach. I "googled" Sandpoint city beach to see if I was remembering it accurately. According to these photos Sandpoint city beach is still as beautiful, if not more so, as I remember. I was a Lifeguard and swimming instructor from the age of 15 to 21. Those were wonderful carefree days. I had lots of sun to keep me happy and lots of water to swim in any time I wanted to. I usually worked from the day after Memorial Day to the Day before Labor Day. School got out the day before Memorial Day and started back up the Day after Labor Day. I could easily swim a mile in about 20 minutes or less. Judy, Dan, Myself, Margaret and Mary all loved spending our summers at the beach. And when any of my Mothers family came from out of town we would all gather in the evening for supper and another swim. I hope you enjoy looking at these photos and can see why the town was called Sandpoint.
In today's Sandpoint they have a "Back to the 50's" week in May. Music, dancing in the streets, and a car show. How 'bout we all save up and go there for the Barfuss Memorial Day Games some year? Max might even remember it, he visited there with Grandma and Grandpa Hazelbaker.

1 comment:

  1. Pat...I LOVED the pics of Sandpoint and beautiful Lake Pend'Orielle! ...so much so, in fact, that I emailed your blogspot link to several of my family and friends. If you get any visitors you don't recognize, think of it as a compliment! Love, Your Sis, Judy.

    Thanks, I love you. Judy.

    ReplyDelete